Rishikesh Tourist Assault: Haryana Youths Allegedly Beaten by Mob After Harassment Accusations

Two tourists from Haryana were allegedly beaten by locals in Uttarakhand’s Rishikesh after accusations surfaced that they tried to harass a woman while sitting inside their car. The incident, which took place on May 20 near the Kali Ki Dhal area, has now gone viral on social media after videos of the clash began circulating online.

Rishikesh Tourist Assault: Haryana Youths Allegedly Beaten by Mob After Harassment Accusations

According to local sources, the two men were travelling from Haridwar towards Rishikesh when their car reportedly slowed down near a divider in front of a petrol pump. A woman later alleged that the youths inside the vehicle made obscene gestures towards her and attempted to harass her from the car.

The allegation quickly drew the attention of people nearby. Within minutes, several locals surrounded the vehicle and confronted the tourists. Eyewitnesses claimed the two men stepped out of the car and denied the accusations, but the argument soon turned aggressive.

As tensions escalated, some locals allegedly started pelting stones at the vehicle, damaging parts of the car. The situation then spiralled into violence, with the crowd reportedly assaulting both tourists on the road. One of the youths is believed to have suffered injuries during the attack.

Videos that surfaced online show a large group of people beating the two men while others can be heard accusing them of behaving inappropriately with young girls aged around 13 to 14 years. The visuals have triggered strong reactions on social media, with many users debating both the allegations and the mob violence that followed.

Police personnel from the IDPL outpost reached the spot after receiving information about the disturbance and managed to control the situation before things worsened further. The tourists were taken for medical examination and later brought to the police outpost for questioning.

Interestingly, despite the seriousness of the incident, neither the tourists nor the woman who made the allegations has filed an official complaint so far. Sources said the two men later left Rishikesh in their vehicle after the matter cooled down.

Senior Sub-Inspector Bharat Singh said police are currently examining CCTV footage from nearby areas to understand the exact sequence of events. He added that appropriate action will be taken against whoever is found guilty after the investigation is completed.

Post Image

PM Modi Gifts Melody Toffee to Italy’s PM Giorgia Meloni, Candy Goes Viral Across India

Read More
Post Image

Cockroach Janta Party Surpasses BJP on Instagram in Just Four Days, Internet Says ‘Abki Baar 10 Million Paar’

Read More
Post Image

Delhi-NCR Taxi, Auto Strike Begins Over Fuel Price Hike; Commuters Brace for Disruptions

Read More

Police officials also confirmed that the tourists have denied all allegations levelled against them.

The incident has once again raised concerns over rising cases of public confrontation and mob justice in tourist destinations. While authorities are treating the harassment allegations seriously, questions are also being raised about people taking the law into their own hands before any official investigation is completed.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top